Saturday, August 7, 2010

placement

Had another IEP meeting last week for residential placement, and got some good info, allthough AB3632 pays for the program, there are restrictions due to insurance because should a medical neseccity come up, the insurance has to be used obviously, and so come to find out, most os the residential treatment places take medical, and many ONLY take medical, some take healthy fam which is what we have, and some take private insurance, .
so, I'm thinking, there must be a huge need from people who fit in the set of having medical , otherwise it wouldnt be like this, and I wonder why that is...


So, now we are looking at places a little farther away, which means the family therapy sessions would be done via telephone, or skype, if they have that.
Another thing I was told, is that it IS possible for the parent to influence the desicion where the child is placed, which I had been told before, I could not. If I want to can do some research on my own, then call and make a request, so thats what I will do. always feel better about knowing a little bit ahead of time, and also being involved in the desicion process.

No comments:

Post a Comment