Monday, July 5, 2010

passing time

So apparently I will get no cooperation with anything, at this point, and I'm not really stressing it. I got the services he needs approved, its just a matter of processing the papers at this point, so as long as he doesnt get so worked up that I have to call the police, I think I'm just going to pass time til residential starts. He is supposed to have first day of school tomorrow, but he wont take a shower, and he wont go to bed, so chances of his getting up in the morning are slim. I'll take it as it comes, and let the pro's battle it when they have him, that way I dont have to endure any more verbal abuse, and also our already fragile relationship doesnt have to tatter any more. That doesnt mean there wont be consequences for behaviour and defiance however. Now that he is enrolled , even if he wont sign the dress code etc, and even if he never even shows up, I think, I at least have the venue for the next IEP, where residential representatives will be present and will implement the next step. I am strongly hoping and praying for Vista Del Mar, its not too far away, and has great activities. If and when he runs away, or breaks the rules there, I'll worry about later. I am sooo glad I finally have this coming, since I need to get it done and get him well enought o accept his condition and function in society before he turns 18, at which point I think the funding changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment