Sunday, July 18, 2010

yesterday we were gone for a few hours and cme back to find my son had been playing with water ,,,and fire,,,I have not see the plating with fire before, and have been asked in most standard forms at psychiatrist and psychologists about preoccupation with fire, so of course my mind went straight to &^%ohno!!!FIRE%^4AAHH.!!
Then I thought to myself, better not make a big deal out of it, after all it may never happen again, .
There is of course the danger of not thinking of consequences for actions and taking risks that fits my son to a tee, hence 4 broken bones over a 6 year period. And so , therefore, i will worry and keep an eye out for playing with fire, just add it to my list.
I think one thing we do in parenting children with mental health issues is put out lots of "guiderails".
More so than with my other children, with this son I need to put out many more guiderails, always redirecting and getting back on track, often denying some activities, as they would most certainly cause a flair up, such as all nighters. Lack of sleep is a certain trigger, and denying things like midnite toilet papering etc, for us is a must. Not easy, but has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment